The importance of a correct dismantling of the vehicle is often underestimated. The basic rules of Vespascout are few but important:
• Clean environment : processing takes place in a clean and tidy environment, dedicated to the Vespa world;
• Equipment : only professional and specific equipment is used to avoid damaging any component of the Vespa (tools, bridges, carts.);
• Let’s examine what we disassemble: each component is disassembled and examined. If it is not in excellent condition it is restored or replaced with Made in Italy spare parts;
• Bolts and small parts : it is subdivided and every component cataloged by origin of dismantling;
• We do not throw away anything : no component is thrown away until the end of the job, even if they are pieces in poor condition. Make sure, before throwing it, that you have found the right piece to replace it.
PAINTING WITH OFFICIAL MAX MEYER PAINT
In this phase, the Vespa is prepared for sandblasting and painting. The paint stripping occurs in two phases:
1 A general cleaning and a hand brushing is performed to eliminate the bulk of dirt or rust accumulated over time. Subsequently, the Vespa is immersed in a tank for 24 hours with a paint remover suitable for the characteristics of the Vespa to eliminate paint and previous residues as much as possible.
2 Sandblasting is done with a suitable machine and a type of fine sand suitable for the vehicle. The frame and components will not be overheated or damaged in any way. Sandblasting allows areas not accessible by brushes or other tools to be reached.
Lattoneria : once the stripping phase has been completed and the epoxy primer has passed, an excellent starting point is obtained. First of all, the presence of areas damaged by rust or bumps will be checked.
The areas reduced to the bone by rust will not be filled with stucco but will be replaced or rebuilt with new sheet and welded by skilled battilter.
All imperfections of the bodywork before painting will be corrected.
Rustproofing and original varnish : varnishing is one of the most important phases of the entire restoration. From this moment begins the “finish” for which the result will be what will remain!
Only original Max Meyer paints will be used, going back through the model’s data sheet to the precise code of the anti-rust primer and the paint of each model.
Once the painting is finished and the perfection of each component has been checked, an expert will begin the re-assembly of the Vespa.
ENGINE DISASSEMBLY WITH CLEANING AND TOTAL OVERHAUL OF THE CRANKCASES
Your engine will be opened, the crank micro-shot will be executed and refurbished, all the parts will be overhauled and the worn or broken elements replaced.
All bearings, oil seals, gaskets, pistons, clutch plates, crankshafts, gear wheels, brake shoes, cruise, piston rings, grinding or replacement of crankshaft, cylinder and piston will be replaced. Check bearing housings, intake valve, silent block, gearbox adjustment, replacement of pins and condenser and complete verification of all components.
In addition, the stator plate wires and internal coils will be replaced and re-wired if necessary.
The engine will be carburized, tested on the bench and on the road before delivery.
Each model has its own technical and specific characteristics.
All components will be divided: handlebar, stand, bolts, headlight ring, brake and clutch levers, gear selector cover, clacxon etc … The galvanic treatments necessary to respect the originality of the model will be cleaned and carried out.
The main treatments provided are:
• Mirror polishing
INTEGRAL ASSEMBLY AND TUNING
This is the final phase, the complete assembly and the tuning of the vehicle will be performed:
• Original explosions: the original exploded views will be used for the correct reassembly of each component of the vespa. This method allows to place each component in the correct position
• Set up : the Vespa will be tested and tuned in every component
• Photographs : a photo shoot will be performed as the restoration is done. We will deliver a photographic book to the client demonstrating the quality and the phases of the restoration.
Now put the mixture and go …